Secure Enterprise Experience Essential
You will be joining and contributing to a dynamic, obsessive and highly productive Engineering team producing cutting-edge software for mobile technology consumers. The role requires that you are experienced building secure enterprise apps and are seriously focused on usability. Our software platform (TheAppBuilder) is a revolutionary product that requires no technical skills and allows anyone to create their own cross platform mobile app for use privately within their enterprise or indeed to be published on Android App Stores.
We are looking for an experienced Android mobile app developer to lead the design, architecture, development and maintenance of our Android client app. The developer will have at least five Android apps under their belt in an enterprise setting. You will have led the entire app life-cycle right from concept stage to delivery, post-launch support and ongoing feature development. Apps produced by TheAppBuilder platform are mainly content based and integrated closely with TheAppBuilder back-end CMS used by customers to define the content, structure & branding of their app, and also back-end enterprise systems such as Active Directory and Sharepoint.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Acting as lead Android developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across another.
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the iOS platform development.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
- Working with the front end designer to build the interface with focus on usability features.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Optimising performance for the apps.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile.
- Published examples of at least 5 mobile applications on the Android market.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles.
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products.
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision.
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills.
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
- Excellent testing/ QA skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally.
- Strong OO design patterms and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME).
- Experience of the Android SDK / Development Environment (E.g. Eclipse).
- Strong understanding of Android Style Guidelines, various Android OS versions and devices – SmartPhones, Tablets both current & future.
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
- Security & Encryption of data in transit & local storage on device.
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system.
- Experience building web and native apps.
- Experience using social media APIs.
- Using version control (e.g. GIT).
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills.
- Understanding of other compiled languages.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc)
- Experience of development using web technologies:
- Responsive / Mobile Optimized HTML5 Development Experience
- .NET Development Experience
- Creative design skills
- Working with a content management system.
- Working in an enterprise/media/publishing environment.
Competencies for success:
- Self Starter
- Technical Learning
- Action Orientated
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
How to apply
Send a CV to us evidencing your skills, including a portfolio of work and app store links to at least five mobile apps if applicable.
Email contact: email@example.com